Apply for a Grant
2017 Grand Foundation Annual Grant Cycle Applications are now being accepted. Deadline is Monday, May 1st at 12:00 pm (MST) ~ 2:00 pm (EST)
The Grand Foundation announces its grant cycle each year. Notices are provided via the local newspapers and personal contact with nonprofit organizations. It is the responsibility of the organization to acquire the current documents. The Foundation will not participate in any political campaign on behalf of any issue or candidate. Late and/or incomplete applications ARE NOT accepted.
The Grand Foundation Board of Directors determines final approval of grants. The Grand Foundation regularly receives grant requests which exceed the availability of funds and cannot fund all requests. However, all requests that meet the funding guidelines of the Foundation are given full consideration by the Board.
Click here to apply for the 2017 Grand Foundation Annual Grant application online. The online application is using the same community force platform as 2016 and to access you will utilize your login and password from previous grants. If you have not applied for a Grand Foundation grant or have not used the online platform, you will need to create a use name and password to begin the process. Please follow the link to the landing page for the application.
2017 GRAND FOUNDATION ANNUAL GRANT APPLICATION
- The Grand Foundation (GF) will make funding decisions during the June 2017 board meeting. Applicants will be notified as soon as granting decisions are finalized.
- The GF supports organizations that enhance the quality of life in Grand County, Colorado. This includes groups that provide programs or services in the areas of arts and culture, health and human services, environment, education and amateur sports.
- Applicants should be tax exempt under the provisions of section 501(c)(3) and 170 (b)(1)(A)(i.V.I.) of the Internal Revenue Code. It is helpful to also have a Charitable Solicitations Number from the State of Colorado. Other nonprofit entities demonstrating a need will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The GF will fund specific projects and programs that have measurable results (evidence of productivity, change in number, etc.).
- Operational funding requests will be considered, however, the GF is not in the practice of providing sustaining funds (ie, general operating funds year after year) to organizations.
- The GF appreciates and encourages collaborative agency grant requests.
- Organizations who have received funding in the past must be current final reports on file with the GF in order to be eligible for funding during this cycle.
- 2016 Final Report forms are required to be submit on or before April 1, 2017, to be eligible to apply.
- Oral presentations are not required; however, the board reserves the right to request one.
- The GF has one grant cycle each year. Emergency grant requests are available for an unusual circumstance or need. Please contact our office for more information.
Grand Foundation will not consider:
2. Requests for programs or projects already completed.
3. Refunding projects, programs or items purchased before the grant is approved or awarded.
4. Participating in or funding of any political campaign on behalf of any issues, organizations or candidates.
5. Any changes to approved grant requests without proper documentation. Grant Change Forms must be submitted to the GF for approval before any grant funds can be used for any reason other than the original purpose, as spelled out by the Memorandum of Understanding accompanying the original grant award.
6. If an organization receives duplicate funding for a request, the GF funds must be returned. For example if a project/program budget is $5,000 and the GF and another Foundation both award $5,000 to the same project/program, the GF funds must be returned.
Donor Advised Funds